Monday, June 7, 2010

Sex In The City Is Star Wars For Chicks?

There's a guy...(thank you, Dr. Denis Leary)...over at the Huffington Post who said "First off, ladies, I get it. It's your Star Wars." as an opener to his review of Sex and the City 2.


Okay, so...before I take a serious swipe at this guy, I'm trying to decide if he meant to sound like a jerk ;-)

If he's serious, then I don't need to smack him down, since Tracy King over at Skepchick pretty much served him a can of whoop ass in a nice, neat, package right here.

But something tells me that the "Writer, Humorist" tags next to his byline may be more to the point and that, in fact, he wasn't trying to say that SATC is Star Wars for those of us with lady parts. He actually references SW throughout the article and checks in with the "ladies" as he does so to make sure his SATC/SW connections are right.

Oh and, he states that he hasn't even seen SATC2 -- so he knows he's pulling these references right out of his ass ;-)

Which means, if I'm right, then we don't need to nerd rage at him for saying SATC is our Star Wars. Nope.

What we need to do is mock him for comparing the SATC series to Eps. 4 - 6.

That.

Is.

Blasphemy.

Then again, somehow it does give new meaning to "You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought."

By Diva Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment